My Word for 2016 is...

As I went on and on about in my 2015 round up, I stole's Sarah's idea of picking a 'word for the year' to focus on, the idea being that it's a simple way to set an intention for the year, without having a complicated list of goals.  Last year's word (acceptance) worked out pretty well, so I decided to give the 'word for the year' system another go! 

After much deliberation, my word of 2016 will be....


Fun!

Yes, it's pretty trivial. but that's the point. I want to squeeze as much enjoyment out of 2016 as I can. The last few years have been really hard work in places and, given that things are now pretty settled health/job/career-wise I want to take some time to enjoy my life and everything that's going to right now. I'm feeling happy and settled; I don't need to strive for anything for a while!

2016 seems like it's going to be pretty fun-filled already. So far we've got a wedding, a honeymoon, Glastonbury, Isles of Scilly, a family wedding and a big trip planned.... I also want to try and keep the 'fun' mindset going in my everyday life, too. Since I stopped working in a school I've broken out of the 'counting down the weeks' mindset and I want to make sure I take time to enjoy the every day things too.

I'm not gonna lie, writing this post massively feels like tempting fate (not that I even believe in fate, but still). Must stop thinking that everything will go wrong...

Right, I'm off to have some fun.*

*That's a lie, I'm off to brush my teeth. You can't make that fun, it's just not possible.

No comments

I'd love to hear what you think...