Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire.

Over the last couple of years I've been making a real effort to go to more gigs. It's something I loved doing when I was at uni, and then I kind of stopped going for a couple of years. I'm so happy I've been going to lots more gigs. Well, my brain is happy, my bank balance is not. You win some, you lose some.

Normally the photos I take at gigs are rubbish, but I managed (OK, Pete managed) to get a few decent pictures recently so I thought I'd share.

Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury Park:



Arcade Fire at Earls Court:


The gig had a dress code; either fancy dress or formal attire. I decided to use it as an opportunity to put on a fancy(ish) frock. Dressing up definitely gave the whole thing a real sense of occasion and amped up my excitement (and I was pretty excited already). 



Crap photos, but I think they capture my unadulterated happiness!

I really cannot overstate how good Arcade Fire were. Obviously at the time I was in a total state of manic enthusiasm, but even in the cold light of day, I stand by the statement that it definitely made it into my top three gigs of all time. My brother said the same, and he's a fellow gig addict. Seriously, it was incredible. There are not enough superlatives in the world.

I've got quite a few more gigs lined up; The Libertines (!!!), The Horrors, Johnny Marr, The Black Keys, Josh Record, Band of Skulls... My poor bank balance. Ah well, when it comes to spending money, I'd much rather be a 'do-er' than a 'have-er'. Totally made that up, sounds alright though, right?

No comments

I'd love to hear what you think...