I get sucked in for hours, over the smallest things.

I'm feeling a bit out of love with my blog recently, or out of love with my writing anyway. I kind of feel that my writing style is a bit lacking at the moment, and all of the wonderfully photographed posts that pop up on my Google Reader everyday are making me feel a bit crappy about the somewhat average images I manage to capture on my humble (but still kinda awesome) Blackberry.

I wasn't really sure that type of post to do today, so I figured I should just write the type of posts I like to read. So, a confession: I am a nosy cow. I follow lots of beauty/fashion blogs, and although I do like looking at the pretty clothes, I mostly like getting a flavour of people's lives and finding out what they've been up to. Therefore, I shall try to be a little more wordy and share a little bit more...

Last weekend I went to see my brother in Canterbury, which was good fun. It wasn't a particularly wild one, I have to say, but a night in with popcorn, cheesy TV and Ben and Jerry's pretty much does it for me these days. I had a look in the Cath Kidston shop, and spotted this amazing dress. At £65, it's way out of my price range, but I tried it on anyway in the hope that I'd hate it and not want it anymore. The plan backfired slightly because it was really nice on. Looks like I'll be scouring ebay/the sales for a cheaper version then...

On Tuesday I went to see The Cribs at Troxy in East London. I've never been to the venue before and I was impressed; the standing area worked well and I loved the Art Deco look. I'm not sure how wise it was to have a Cribs gig in a building with very expensive-looking carpets. Maybe they've got shares in Rug Doctor or something. It's only the second time I've ever been to a gig on my own but it felt fine, I actually love having the freedom to do exactly what I want. It's hard to explain, but the prospect of going to a gig/travelling alone is far less daunting to me than the prospect of going to a party with colleagues... I guess that would sound weird to some of you, but I think it's the social interactions that scare me! Anyway, I've chosen this picture because I'd forgotten that Another Number existed, and when they played it... Amazing. (The video is from Reading 2006, but I was there then as well.... I am more rock and roll than my love of sewing/seaside holidays might suggest.) The whole gig was fabbo, they played a lot from their new album which I hadn't listened to much (it was only released on Monday) which was good, but I mostly enjoyed bobbing up and down to their classics ... and after five albums, they have more classics than I'd given them credit for.

Yesterday I went for a Mexican with two lovely, lovely people (and fellow crazies). Obviously we had nachos to start with (crisps for dinner... Hell yes), and they were goooooood. I had goat's cheese Enchiladas and cinnamon ice cream (for dinner and desert, not together obviously. I mean, OBVIOUSLY). Both were seriously good, although I'm still feeling a bit uncomfortably full. In a good way. obviously. OBVIOUSLY.

So yeah... That's my week in a nutshell.

Altogether now: DO, DO, DO, DO, DO, DO, DO...

No comments

I'd love to hear what you think...