All Over the Place [a Life Update]

I've been all over the place recently (literally and figuratively) so we definitely need to have a catch up, right?



I make loads of Blog Every Day in May effort, then manage to not post for SIX WHOLE WEEKS. Way to post consistently and boost your readership Liz. Jeez. Not only that, I've also managed to not really read/comment on any blogs for a month. So I'm not ignoring you, I'm just too lazy to face my mammoth 'unread posts' list!

There's be loads going on for me; some bad, some good, and obviously some mundane in-between stuff. I'm not really sure how to cover it all in one post, so I'm going to try and be brief and hopefully post about some of these things individually (if my blogging mojo returns). Here goes:

The bad stuff. My Gran died in June; obviously that's always going to be crap, but I think my family and I were mostly relieved that she wasn't suffering any more. The last time I visited her she was very frail and weak, and I found that much more upsetting than her actual death. The funeral went smoothly and my Mum had written a brilliant eulogy. It was also lovely to catch up with my extended family, even though the circumstances were a bit rubbish. All of that, coupled with the fact that I had an extremely busy month, meant that I had a difficult week or so where my anxiety really started to creep back in. I (well, we) handled it well and got things back on track so I'm counting that as a success. Go me.

The good stuff. We went to Bournemouth, the Isle of Wight Festival, Somerset and had friends visit us (told you I'd been busy!). I got excited about our holiday plans. I booked a last minute flight to Tokyo!!! I started the summer holidays feeling very happy about my September class. I've spent this week catching up with friends (successfully) and trying to organise my life (unsuccessfully).

The summer holidays are now underway so there should be more time for me to get back into the blogging swing. Although it is looking pretty busy, so no promises... I promise I'll try, how's that?

*takes a deep breath and opens Bloglovin'*

P.S. There'll be loads of holiday posting on my Instagram if you fancy taking a look.

Did I mention that it's the summer holidays?!

Right, enough about me, how have you been?

[Update: I typed out this whole post, then Blogger went weird and deleted it. The blogging gods are clearly punishing me for my laziness.]

5 comments

  1. Nice to see an update, even if it comes with bad news- I'm sorry for your loss lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello stranger! Tis lovely to hear from you. I'm sorry about your Nan but I'm glad that you see the benefit for her personally.
    Tokyo eh???? That's pretty fantastic!!! I look forward to hearing about it. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, so sorry to hear about your Gran (although I relate to the feeling of relief - my granny died a few years ago and my overwhelming feeling was, "thank goodness she's not confused, unhappy and in pain anymore."). And have fun in Tokyo, what a fab last-minute trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your gran, but I'm so glad you are able to see the positive in the fact that she is no longer suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I try and do some of this blog every day stuff, it really drains my motivation to do anything and then I end up taking a break because I just don't want to look at another blog post. Hopefully you feel nice and refreshed after your break!
    As for the unread posts - mark as read is your best friend haha. Every now and then I have to just mark them all as read.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your Gran, my Nan also died earlier in the year too but it was a similar thing, we were just so relived that she was no longer suffering and living the life she never wanted to have. At least she is at peace now and you got to catch up with family whilst enjoying the life of a person you all loved very much.

    Tokyo sounds like an awesome trip! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...