Four Terri-brill TV Programmes #BEDM

Today's BEDM prompt is 'guilty pleasures', but watching crap amazing TV is in no way a guilty pleasure for me. I just need someone to pay me to live-tweet Dinner Date/write a thesis on Homes Under the Hammer, then I'll be sorted.

In no particular order, here's my TV jam:



RuPaul's Drag Race. One of my friends (who understands my love of ridiculous TV) recommended this to me, and I watched the entire first series in 48 hours. Basically, it's a tongue-in-cheek version of America's Next Top Model, but for drag queens. IT IS SO FREAKING FABULOUS.

Dinner Date. Person goes on three dates, then chooses the person they like the most. The joy of this is that you get to watch a blind date that takes place in someone's house, while they cook dinner, on camera. Fantastically awkward car crash TV. Perfect twitter fodder.

Homes Under the Hammer. My favourite thing about Homes Under the Hammer is the background music. It's as if the editors google a randomly mentioned word, then just includes the first song that comes up. As in, someone says 'brick wall' and suddenly you'll hear 'Another Brick in the Wall'. Once you notice this, you can't un-notice it (if you get what I mean). It entertains me, anyway.

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. The US version of the programme is the ultimate in terms of ridiculous set ups. The whole thing makes me feel wonderfully smug about the non-dysfunctional relationships I have with my family and colleagues. Hilarious thing to look out for: every episode contains at least one moment of totally gratuitous Ramsay topless-ness (or worse).


I would very much appreciate any suggestions for other terri-brill TV programmes I can waste my life on...

(I stole 'terri-brill' from Peep Show. It's probably my favourite adjective.)

5 comments

  1. Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares is my return from work trash TV hour!

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends and I (all teachers, so all regular views of HUtH during school hols) are obsessed with the music on it. I've decided that music supervisor on Homes... would be my dream job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it's not just me that loves the music! So funny xx

      Delete
  3. I love HuTH too (also teacher!) any sort of improving a house programme even though I do NO DIY or house improvements! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep the music on HutH is usually VERY inappropriate!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...