30 Before 30: One year left!

Well, slightly less than a year actually, but that wouldn't have made for a very succinct title.

Somehow three years have passed since I wrote my first 30 Before 30 post and I'm now feeling the deadline pressure/motivation [the whole list is here]. Here's where I'm at:

Done!
Go on a family holiday. I've been on two... The Isles of Scilly and Westward Ho! (in-built punctuation there).
Go back to Norway for a visit.
Learn to drive. Very proud of this one!
Learn to walk in heels. Pretty much. As long as they're under 2 inches and have a strap... I know my limits.
Volunteer. I helped pack Christmas shoe boxes for Smile and I have something else in the pipeline.
Get a tattoo. Got (ta)two (and another one booked for July).



Go to at least 25 gigs. This target has been well and truly smashed! Good for me, bad for my bank balance.
Enter my writing into a competition. I didn't win, but I did it.
Join a book group. Tea, biscuits and books; what's not to love?
Read at least 100 new books. Smashed it!
Get a sewing machine. Yup. Although I still haven't cured my habit of starting craft projects and not finishing them. Sigh.
Get my hair professionally coloured. Coloured blue, no less.
Take a course in psychology or counselling. Again, did two. Tried a third but it wasn't to be!
Attend the 10th anniversary of Fake Christmas. I did. It was brilliant.
Sample every type of cuisine in Red Hot World Buffet in one sitting. It hurt. #meatpanic
Go for a whole week without watching TV. Lesson: I love TV and that's ok.



Continue to post regularly on my blog. This has slipped a bit recently, but it still exists and I like it!
Go to a blogger meet up. I went to one in Cardiff and it wasn't at all scary!


Not gonna happen [sad face]
Sadly there are a couple of things that just aren't gonna happen...
Go to Glastonbury. I tried and failed to get tickets. Twice.
Travel outside of Europe. Well, I guess theoretically it could still happen, but I'm dubious!
Read all the Babysitters' Club books. No-one bought the later ones, so they are impossible to find. Boo.


The more astute among you (or those of you who could be bothered to count) will note that there are a few missing... There'll be a 'to do' post on the way... I know, I know, I'm a big tease. You love it.

4 comments

  1. It's a bit late for this year but with the Glastonbury one, you could always volunteer - that way you'd definitely get tickets! I know you have to get in early to apply and there's numerous organisations that do it but it's worth it. I've worked at Glastonbury every year since 2004 and I wouldn't miss it for the world! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go as a volunteer, but I work in a school so I'd only have been able to go Friday evening to Monday... So not long enough to commit to the volunteering... One day (I hope!) x

      Delete
  2. The starting craft projects and not finishing them sound very familiar - I have a sewing room full of half-done bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terrible for it... I've got an unfinished patchwork quilt that I started five years ago in my cupboard! x

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think...