Norway 2014: Return of the Liz.


In 2009 I lived and worked in Norway as part of a European Voluntary Service project. I've been wanting to go back for ages (I even put it on my 30 Before 30) but it just didn't happen. Earlier this year I spontaneously booked some flights, and in May I flew back for a short visit...


I stayed with my friend in the tiny town of Malm, which was beautiful. 
I loved catching up with her, and spending time with her daughter who I hadn't seen for two years.



The building where I used to live and work in Steinkjer.






I was a bit worried that it would be weird going back; I was particularly nervous about meeting up with people who I used to work with. There were a few people that I hadn't spoken to properly for years, but it wasn't weird at all. I think I'd forgotten how well I'd known those people when I was there, and it felt like things just fell back into place and 'clicked'. I'm so happy that I went back. Yay for spontaneity! 




1 comment

  1. How lovely to do something completely spontaneous... and even lovelier that it worked out so well! It looks like a beautiful country, I've never been but would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...