Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Five Things That Remind Me Of Home [52 Lists]

My Mum's chicken stew. I fear that I will never be able to replicate it. 


The sea. I grew up (very) close to the sea. I love being near the waves, and the rougher the better (ahem). Hearing the sea instantly relaxes me...

Days out. When I was growing up we used to have a day out as a family almost every Saturday, and I still love going for walks or going to the seaside. I don't miss accompanying my Dad on his ferry-watching missions but you can't win 'em all...

Monopoly. My Grandad was a bit of a Monopoly fiend, and he taught my brother and I how to play. We started young, so it took several years before we were able to have a game that didn't end with one of use throwing the board off the table in a fit of rage! It's been a while since I've thrown the board, but I do still like to insist that everyone sticks to the rules...


Christmas stockings. Seeing my parents' fireplace with the Christmas stockings hung around it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Yes, I'm 27 and I still get a stocking, what of it?




That was my first instalment of Ema's 52 Lists project (so it'll be more like 49 Lists for me...). If you're joining in, send me your links!



4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of 52 lists x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, i've really enjoyed seeing what everyone thinks of as home, because it's all so different for everyone. i agree with you on family recipes, i don't think i'll ever be able to make my grannys gravy as well as she does, but at the same time, i think the beauty of family recipes is that they evolve over time, so you just end up with a great version that your children will want to recreate! plus, food you make yourself never tastes as good as food made for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 35 and I still get a stocking! Feel slightly less childish about it because I put one together for my mum and step-mum too, but still... you can pry my Christmas stocking from my cold dead hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Helicopter' popped up on my iTunes just as I opened this post... I think that's a very relevant tune for you! Love the 52 lists idea, I'll have to look into it. You can't beat a good Christmas stocking x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment... I love comments more than I love crisps (that's a LOT).