I love books.

I bloody love reading. This is not a secret. In fact, I love reading so much that I did an English Literature degree. It turns out that, 'I love reading' might actually not be the most appropriate basis on which to select a degree, but whatever... Books!

I couldn't resist copying Beth and Amy Marie and filing in this little questionnaire...

What are you reading right now? Pompeii by Robert Harris. I expected to love it but so far it's just OK.

Do you have any idea what you’ll read after you’ve finished this book? I need to finish 'How To Leave Twitter' by Grace Dent. Then I want to read the new Khaled Hosseini book.

Five books you’ve always wanted to read but have never got round to? Off the top of my head: The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The Bell Jar, The Northern Lights trilogy. 

What’s the worst book you ever read? Hmmmmm. Villette is pretty self-indulgent, but it's not totally awful. I'm surprised that I don't really have an answer for this question. I'm normally excellent at hating things.

What book is really popular but you really hated? The Hobbit. I'm sort of tempted to try again, but life's too short to hate the same book twice. 

What’s the one book you recommend to everybody? To Kill A Mockingbird. 

Where do you usually get your books? Charity shops, the library, or as presents.

When you were little, did you have any reading habits? Yes, I read constantly. absolutely anything, from cover-to-cover. Particularly Babysitters' Club books. I even tried reading while walking, but I don't really have the co-ordination for that.

Have you ever bought a book just because you liked the cover? Obviously yes. Even though you're really not supposed to do that.

What was your favourite book as a child? Mary-Anne Saves The Day by Ann M. Martin, or The Suitcase Kid by Jacqueline Wilson. Actually, any of the Babysitters Club books. I wasn't very discerning.

Which book changed your life? Forever by Judy Blume. The sexual awakening for nineties teenagers everywhere... You'll never look anyone called Ralph in the eye again. Just read it.

What is your favourite classic book? Probably Wuthering Heights.

Five notable mentions? In addition to the stuff mentioned above (except The Hobbit): The Hunger Games trilogy, The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, White Teeth by Zadie Smith, any Shakespearean tragedy, Val McDermid. I could go on...and on... and on...

I'm going to finish by linking you to my favourite regular reading posts: Sarah's Books Are Amazing, Alex's A Blogging Good Read, and to the ace book review blog, Judging Covers.

READING, BABY!

I think I might be getting a bit over-excited now. I might be the coolest person you know.

2 comments

  1. i love reading TOO! just did 2 books in 7 days, need to spend some time this long weekend reading, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books too. I don't read as much as I should though (something I must change). I love Jacqueline Wilson books even as a grown up and yes I love the Babysitters Club books too...gosh I remember them well! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...