Weekend Wanderlust: Margate

A couple of weeks ago I went to Canterbury to visit my brother and his girlfriend, and they took me to Margate for the day.
 
First up: the essential cake stop. We went to the Cupcake Cafe, which was decorated in a visually appealing collision of floral patterns, bunting and tea cups. I was tempted by the chocolate cake, but I couldn't resist the cream tea. It's a well-documented fact that I bloody love a cream tea.




In the interests of balance, some of Margate does have a 'deserted winter seaside town' look about it, although this old Woolworths did have it's own retro appeal:




Margate has, however, had a bit of a revival in recent years, and now has vintage shops, independent galleries, and the Turner:



My favourite part of Margate has to be the part that's been there for years, before the Turner and the cafes and the vintage shops. Hell, even before Woolworths. I give you... The seafront:





I can't wait to go back in the summer.
 

6 comments

  1. great pictures
    Leila xx
    www.fairblush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous pictures. I love Margate! I take all my visitors there too and cannot wait for Dreamland to reopen! I have a weakness for The Cupcake Cafe, vintage crockery and good cakes... what is not to like? I also recommend the GB Pizza Co on the seafront.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm scones!! These pictures are beautiful, looks like a wonderful place! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this looks like such a cool visit! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...