Weekend Wanderlust: The London Eye

I couldn't resist taking some photos of the London Eye last week when I was walking along the South Bank; the sky was the perfect backdrop. I have been on the Eye, but it was years ago (at least 10 years... Where has the time gone?!) I think I enjoyed it, but to be honest I can't remember it in much detail, so I can't really recommend it with much confidence. From memory, I'd say that it's worth going on on a clear day, although if I only had one day to see London I don't know if I'd bother queueing for the Eye... 

I'm not 100% convinced that it's (visually) a great addition to London's skyline, but it actually looks pretty good on a sunny day. Here's the evidence:






Part of me still thinks it's a bit of an eyesore, but it's an eyesore that's growing on me. Slowly.

Have you been on the London Eye? What did you think?

6 comments

  1. I went on the London Eye years ago! I would really like to go on it at night xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So would I... I think the Eye itself looks better at night too. xx

      Delete
  2. I went on the London Eye about three years ago on my first trip to London! We booked our tickets in advance, but I must admit I was pretty annoyed by how many people per pod - I think I would quite fancy a pod to myself! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would be much better! Possibly with some complimentary champagne? xx

      Delete
  3. I've been on it twice but a long time agooooo.
    I do actually quite like the look of it, I just think it's because its so iconic :)
    www.jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it does add something a bit unique to the skyline. xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think...