Bloggers and baking. They just go together, right? Not in this case. Here's what not to do if you want to whip up a batch of flapjacks:
1. Don't use a recipe that claims to be 'very easy and simple for anyone to do of any skill'. You are tempting fate, and you will feel all the more stupid when you mess up.
2. Don't use scales that have a low battery.
3. If you do use scales that have a low battery, don't give up and guess instead.
4. Don't eat the butter/sugar/syrup mixture while it's melting. Warning: it's too delicious for it's own good, and it gets quite hot...
5. Don't guess on oat quantity (see number three). If you do feel the need to guess, put in a lot. More than I did.
6. If the recipe says grease the tin, don't decide you know better and use greaseproof paper instead.
7. Don't leave the flapjacks in the oven too long, therefore burning the top of your syrupy mixture. Using the right quantity of oats might solve this issue, but I wouldn't know about that.
Despite all of this, they did actually turn out to be quite tasty. Once you've had a couple of mouthfuls, you don't really notice the taste of the greaseproof paper. Also, it was a lot more successful that the 'brownie incident', but I'm not ready to talk about that yet.
Am I the only blogger out there who can't bake to save her life?