How Not To Bake Flapjacks.

Bloggers and baking. They just go together, right? Not in this case. Here's what not to do if you want to whip up a batch of flapjacks:

1. Don't use a recipe that claims to be 'very easy and simple for anyone to do of any skill'. You are tempting fate, and you will feel all the more stupid when you mess up.

2. Don't use scales that have a low battery.

3. If you do use scales that have a low battery, don't give up and guess instead. 

4. Don't eat the butter/sugar/syrup mixture while it's melting. Warning: it's too delicious for it's own good, and it gets quite hot...

5. Don't guess on oat quantity (see number three). If you do feel the need to guess, put in a lot. More than I did. 

6. If the recipe says grease the tin, don't decide you know better and use greaseproof paper instead.

7. Don't leave the flapjacks in the oven too long, therefore burning the top of your syrupy mixture. Using the right quantity of oats might solve this issue, but I wouldn't know about that. 


Despite all of this, they did actually turn out to be quite tasty. Once you've had a couple of mouthfuls, you don't really notice the taste of the greaseproof paper. Also, it was a lot more successful that the 'brownie incident', but I'm not ready to talk about that yet.

Am I the only blogger out there who can't bake to save her life?

12 comments

  1. I have to admit, I once made flapjacks which didn't make it into the oven - yum flappyjack mixture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep trying. I've def had my faults when it comes to cooking. I'm learning more every day

    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you posted this anyway! Had me in stitches :)

    ellie | mantrapixie | x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Oh dear, I've had scales that died on me too, was not fun having to guess after that.
    Brilliant post though, had me smiling

    Rhiannon x
    thesparklypanda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly why I don't cook! It's like you had a hidden camera in my kitchen & watched how I attempt to bake! Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The reason me and baking never work out is that I guess weights and ingredients! Its ok for a shepherds pie, but not so much with cakes and flapjacks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post it made me laugh. I love flapjack, especially dipped in chocolate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't be trusted with baking either, I'm always licking the bowl before I've even emptied it out. This post make me chuckle alot!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me laugh! It does seem that every blogger should be a baking/cooking/diy goddess, right? I can bake, but usually I can make the recipe once amazing, and then after that it never turns out the same. Go figure.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't cook at all, I honestly hand on heart can't even make beans on toast xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to think I'm good at baking but I'm the same! haha.

    I also nominated you for a Liebster award on my blog!

    danielletc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...