Weekend Wanderlust: Isles of Scilly

Like Cornwall, if no-one knew that Cornwall existed.

As far as I'm aware, the Isles of Scilly tourist board haven't started using that as an advertising slogan yet (well, unless they've read my mind) but they should. Because that's exactly what it's like. Gorgeous sandy beaches, clear blue sea, coastal walks, more pubs than you can shake a stick at, ice creams, cream teas, pasties, little boats... And no massive crowds. It's as close to paradise as you're going to get without leaving the UK.

Here's some pictures from my 2003 trip (excuse the poor quality, I resorted to taking photos of photos!):









I'm gong back there in August and I can't wait. In fact, daydreaming about this is getting me through these cold winter days. I'm definitely going to try snorkeling, and maybe some sea cannoeing this time. Well, I will if I can fit it in between the cream teas and pub lunches...

Do you have any holiday plans for the summer?

11 comments

  1. It looks so beautiful there!

    My holiday plans (should be) going back to Spain, I really need to book it before the price rises! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scilly's not looking quite so sunny at the moment but equally as gorgeous. Enjoy us in August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so pretty! I could really do with a summer holiday this year xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh i would love to go to the isles of silly, one of my friends has just got a job there...heven or what!
    http://yellowfields.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're tagline about Cornwall actually made me choke with laughter. Have to tell my best friend who's from Camborne.
    I would love to go to Scilly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful, I love Cornwall, reminds me of childhood holidays =)

    No summer plans of yet!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nominated you for a Liebster award!! Check out the address below for more info.

    http://miabella-blog.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty!


    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! :)

    I love your blog, do you want to follow each other?
    Jade xx

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...