The 100 Day Spending Ban.




Yes, I've unashamedly jumped on another blogger bandwagon. I'm about three days away from wearing disco pants and reviewing a Glossy Box (that's a lie, I'd never pay for a Glossy Box. Does anyone actually pay for a Glossy Box?). 

This particular bandwagon, however, suits me down to the ground at the moment, because I'm on a bit of a mission to reduce my expenditure. It's pretty simple really; 100 days of no non-essential spending. I started a few days ago, so I have to keep it up until April 24th. Easy! (Ahem).

Here's my personal rules:
  • Absolutely no buying of clothes, shoes or accessories.
  • No nail varnish, or any make up (except foundation, if I run out).
  • No toiletries, unless I run out of any essentials. Note to self: Soap and Glory hand cream is not actually essential.
  • No 'food on the run'. So, no paying for lunch at work, or buying sandwiches at train stations because I was too lazy to plan ahead.
  • No magazines.
  • No music, DVDs, or books.
  • No home stuff.
  • No stationary, unless it's absolutely necessary and I've made 100% sure that I don't already own the item in question.
Wish me luck...

Are you on a spending ban? How are you finding it?


8 comments

  1. Well I'd have to disagree, Soap and Glory hand cream is absolutely an essential! I got so many smellies for Christmas I'd really struggle to find something I actually needed to buy. Love this idea but not sure I spend enough in the first place to make it interesting... Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess this is the easiest time of year to do it, because I have lots of Christmas gifts to use. Glad I bought the big Soap and Glory set in December! xx

      Delete
  2. I should do this at some point because I keep spending way too much on clothes, I could always do a 'no ASOS' type thing though and I'd probably end up with about £500 more in my back a month!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I ordered my first ASOS purchase in the sales and I think I'd definitely be ordering more if I hadn't started the spending ban! xx

      Delete
  3. Happy new year www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely don't spend enough on luxury items to make this any kind of interesting, but good luck to you! I'm really enjoying your blog. I'm now following.
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've followed yours on Bloglovin. xx

      Delete
  5. One of my friends did a similar spending ban last year and she managed it! It's a great insentive to save a little money and rediscover old clothes/make-up etc.
    Good luck.
    Oh and I so totally wouldn't pay for a Glossybox either LOL.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...