10 Things You Don't Know About Me

Actually, the title of this post should be '10 Things You Don't Know About Me Unless You Know Me In Real Life'. If you do know me in real life (hi, Mum!) none of this will be remotely interesting to you. Sorry. In fact, if you follow me on Twitter, you might know some of this stuff. I'm not really selling this post, am I?

If anyone's still reading (if you are, I admire your tenacity) here's the list:

I love sitcoms.

My Dad is obsessed with ferries and ships. Not sailing ships, but cargo ships and passenger ferries. On one family holiday to Wales, we had a day out which consisted of getting a ferry to Ireland, eating some chips at the ferry port, then getting the same ferry back to Wales. 
I used to get seasick as a child (see above).

My favourite colour is blue.
When I was little I wanted to be the first woman to walk on the moon. Then I decided to just be a teacher instead. Neither option has worked out particularly well. 
The only food I don't like is Branston Pickle. My brother loves it, and challenged me to eat a fork-full to prove that I loved him. I managed to get it in to my mouth, but had to spit it out because it made me gag so much. *shudders*
When my brother was about two, I told him to go and stand in the road (I wanted to get him into trouble). He nearly got run over. This might explain why he tried to make me eat the pickle. 
I don't have a facebook account.
I didn't eat a kebab until I was 22. Haven't looked back since. Mmm, garlic mayo...
I had a pet goldfish (called Paul) that lived for 19 years. Before you ask, my Mum definitely did not replace him. He was massive (well, for a goldfish) and therefore not easy to replace.

Tell me something I don't know about you...

15 comments

  1. I had a goldfish like that too. It grew so big and turned white. We had to transfer him to a friend's pond. I don't know what became of him after that. We had it for about 10 years before he moved to the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had another one that turned a bit white, but it died quite quickly after that! Who knew there were so many old goldfish around?! xx

      Delete
  2. I don't have a Facebook account either! And I'm strangely proud of that.

    I also had a giant goldfish once too. He was called Fred - we won him at the fair and we had him about 8 years. He got too big for his bowl so my mum gave him to her friend who had a tank with other big goldfish in it. He was barely there a week when he disappeared. It was very bizarre. We never found out where he went but I've always assumed the other fish ate him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm strangely proud of it too! Hmmm, sounds suspicious... Sounds like Fred may have been eaten. Poor Fred! xx

      Delete
  3. When I was younger, my best friend had these 3 gold fish in their kitchen and they lived for years and years. We ended up putting them in the neighbours pool and they grew massive! They won him at the fair!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, but I must say Branston pickle is one my favourite sandwich fillings ever :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt have a kebab until I was twenty :) Ahh I used to be a sea cadet! I want to do this post on my blog, can I tag you in it?

    Mel x
    http://melonistaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can confirm that I knew all these already, apart from you wanting to be the first woman to walk on the moon! I like your ambition. I genuinely can't think of anything you wouldn't know about me... I'll get back to you on that x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pickle really is disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post :) The facts about your brother made me laugh! My sister tried pushing me down the stairs when I was in my baby walker, evil sibling! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly surprised that more siblings don't kill each other! xx

      Delete
  9. I really am not a fan of pickle either, and sadly not that keen on kebabs! A fact about me: I never ate a curry until I was 21! Now it's fast become my favourite xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, my Mum and Dad recently had their first curries at 51 and 54 respectively! xx

      Delete
  10. And I thought my gold fish lived really long :D Thank you for leaving your link in the comment :)
    Great post X

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...