The icing on the (Christmas) cake.

The making, feeding, and marzipanning is done. Time for the fun bit. Icing! 

Before I show you the pictures, I should probably confess that I cheated a bit. My Mum did the hard work (covering the cake with the icing and making it smooth), all I did was cut out some shapes with cake cutters and do a bodge job with a bit of ribbon... 

Still, I'm nothing if not a glory-hunter, so here's the finished product:


I have a bird tattoo and sheep are my Mum's favourite animals.
 



I'm pretty proud of our Christmas baking skillz. Assuming we don't poison anyone, we'll have to make it an annual event.

4 comments

  1. I haven't baked this Christmas, but one year I WILL bake a Christmas cake! Yours look lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I liked Christmas cake, SO cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable you must be an amazing baker

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This looks lovely! Fancy popping over and making one for my fam too? :) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...