12 Lists of Christmas: 13 Ingredients That Create Dessert Magic

It's been well-documented on this blog that my cooking skills leave a lot to be desired. Or at least, I think they do. I'm probably more 'won't cook' than 'can't cook'. I do, however, make an OK desert, and this year I volunteered to make the Christmas deserts (move over, Mother Teresa, this is a serious display of generosity...)

As well as the cake I made a trifle and Rocky Road. Neither are exactly complex, but they are awesome. Here's what goes in:

Trifle

Swiss roll with jam (but definitely no cream).
Tinned peaches.
Strawberry jelly (made with the juice from the peaches).
Custard.
Double cream (whipped).
Flake (crumbled).

Put it in one layer at a time, shove it in the fridge. Easy peasy.


Rocky Road


350g Plain chocolate.
190g Melted butter.
A tin of condensed milk (get the light one if you like, but to be honest you're shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted).
Marshmallows (mini or chopped up).
Digestive biscuits (broken).
Malteasers.
Rasins.

Mix it all together. Put it in a lined tray. Shove it in the Fridge. Cut it up. Even easier.

What were you expecting? Creme brulee and a twice-baked souffle? Ha.

2 comments

  1. I've always wanted to make Rocky Road, I have totally failed at cooking/baking and what not over Christmas, maybe next year is my year to bring my Domestic Godess out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Rocky Road looks SO good, it's my fave! <3

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...