12 Lists of Christmas: 12 Things I Learned in 2012

It's OK to be British. Apart from anything else, we can put on one hell of a show. While we're on the subject, I also learnt that sport can be inspirational. Actually, screw it, it's great to be British.

I'm actually quite good at being single. I'd never really been a single adult before this year (well, not since I was 19 anyway) and although I knew I'd made the right decision, I was more than a little daunted by the thought of being on my own. I needn't have worried though; it turns out that i actually quite like my own company, and the freedom to do exactly what I want.

Hospital admissions can be positive things. This year I managed to have one that wasn't as bad as I was expecting, and one that actually helped. I know.

I'm really very horrible to myself, in myriad ways. I already knew this, I guess, but my therapy has brought home to me just how mean I am to myself. Hopefully next year I'll learn that I'm able to do something about it...

I can make an awesome Christmas cake (and go on and on about it).

Berlin is an awesome place. I want to go back. Does anyone want to buy me a plane ticket? Please?

I have a fabulous group of cheerleaders.

Going to gigs is awesome, and was a pleasure well-worth rediscovering. I used to love going to gigs when I was at uni, and I'd sort of got out of the habit. This year I made much more of an effort to go and see bands, and I'll definitely be carrying this on next year...
 
People are often more understanding than you expect, and if they're not... Well, that's their problem.

Twitter is awesome and I probably can't live without it. Ditto blogging. And Pinterest. Well, I probably could live without Pinterest, but I don't want to.

Life doesn't run smoothly. You sort of have to embrace this fact.
 

5 comments

  1. I can really relate to a few of these, I think sometimes the negatives can often become positives in the long term - just not at the time. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are really rather amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have learnt a lot this year, maybe you continue to grow in 2013 =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello- new follower here! This is a lovely positive post, especially that last point. All the best for 2013! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...