Slightly Sinister Pop Covers

I'm currently loving slightly sinister indie band covers of pop classics. Yes, it's an obscure thing to be loving, but loving it I am. Here's my favourites:


The Futureheads: Meet Me Halfway
Actually, it's not that sinister, but it's a great version and I do bloody love The Futureheads.



The Maccabees: I Drove All Night
Love this; for me it completely changes the tone from dedicated boyfriend to obsessed stalker driving all night.



iLiKETRAiNS: Last Christmas
Seriously, no-one does sinister like these guys. And it's festive. 

What do you think? I can't be the only person in the world who loves a sinister pop cover. Can I? OK, so I might be, but feel free to humour me and leave a comment.

1 comment

  1. I bloody love all of these, I saw The Futureheads at Reading this year doing their acapella thang, all my mates were off watching the Foo Fighters because they are idiots. I love the Ben Howard cover of Call Me Maybe and the Manics doing Umbrella x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...