Operation Christmas Child #OperationBlogger

During last week's #lbloggers chat, Catherine suggested that bloggers might like to take part in Operation Christmas Child. I've done this before and I think it's such a lovely way to give to someone in need. Also, I love Christmas shopping, so I'll pretty much go with anything that gives me an excuse to buy more presents.

You've probably heard of the project before; basically, you fill a shoe box with gifts for a child or teenager.

Here's what to do:

Visit the Operation Christmas Child website.
Find an empty shoe box and wrap the lid and box seperately (so it can be opened and checked).
Decide if you want your shoe box to go to a boy or a girl, and also which age range it;s suitable for (the choice is 2-4, 5-9 or 10-14). Print off the appropriate label.
Fill up your box. There are quite strict guidelines on what can and can't be included, so be sure to check them here.
Include a donation of £2.50 (you can do this online).
Drop off your finished shoe box at your nearest drop off point by 18th November 2012.

I'm doing my shoe box for a 10-14 year old boy. So far I've got:



I need to get some fun things, then it's all ready! It really doesn't have to be expensive to buy things for your shoe box, I got all that from Wilkinsons for less than a tenner.

There's only 16 days left to get your shoe box ready... Who's in?

1 comment

  1. This really isn't a good charity to support, unless you're happy supporting a cause that is fundamentally homophobic, racist, and islamophobic.

    Franklin Graham (the founder of Samaritan's Purse) spent $150,000 of charitable donations (that's the £3 you tape to the box) in the US on campaigning against gay marriage. He's gone on record as calling Islam a "a very evil and wicked religion". They're quite open on the actual real point of the shoe boxes - Franklin Graham has confirmed that evangelism is the focus of the shoebox program and that the ultimate goal is religious conversion.

    Don't just take my word for it - but PLEASE do some research into this organisation - I think you'll be shocked. If you want to help children in impoverished countries, there's much better ways than this.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...