Weekend Wanderlust: Log House Holidays

Yesterday, in my hungover state, I watched three episodes of 'Holiday Home Sweet Home' (don't judge me, I was too sick to lean over and change the channel). One of those episodes featured Log House Holidays in the Cotswolds... I think I fell in love a little bit. 

Firstly, the location is gorgeous. I think it appeals to me because the scenery is literally on your doorstep (or rather your decking). It's the sort of place you arrive at and not need to get back in your car until it's time to go home. The cabins are all set around a secluded 100 acre lake. I have no idea how big 100 acres actually is, but I'm assuming it's pretty darn big. I think I might be developing an unhealthy lake obsession



The site, and the cabins themselves, have all been designed to be as eco-friendly as possible, and they look ridiculously cosy. See below:


Maybe it's because my house is currently freezing, but the thought of curling up in front of a wood burning stove or relaxing in the outdoor hot tub is incredibly appealing right now. My parents instilled in me a love for holidaying in the UK, and this place just looks absolutely perfect. It is, unfortunately, a little bit out of my price range, but a girl can dream, right? 

(All images are taken from www.loghouseholidays.co.uk.) 

3 comments

  1. I totally agree about a lake house holiday, they all look so cosy and relaxing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I spent quite a few breaks in cottages over cold season and to be honest, many were pretty chilly... :) Those cottages never seemed to have enough heat, especially with fireplaces/woodburners.
    I do love the thought of cuddling in frong of one, though. Love the smell of burning wood, the blankets, hot chocolate... Everything.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks amazing, I bet it is quite pricey though :( X

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...