I'm Not Going To Run A Marathon

When I wrote my 30 Before 30, I optimistically included the sentence 'Run a marathon.' I've now had a few months to reflect on my list (and start ticking things off), and I've come to the conclusion that this is not going to happen. 

Why not?

Because I don't want to.

I hate running, for a start. I also have dodgy knees and hips, so aiming to run for 26.2 miles on tarmac is probably not a sensible decision. Yes, it would be great to say I've done it, but life's too short to spend months (years probably, in my case) training to do something that I won't even enjoy. 

Also, marathon running is dangerous. According to a documentary I saw the other day, it's exactly as dangerous as skydiving. Which leads me very neatly to my replacement challenge:

23. Jump out of a plane.

6 comments

  1. Excellent choice of activity to replace it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard it's an amazing feeling to sky-dive. Don't think I'd have the nerve though. I'll sponsor you though! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, how exciting! Definitely more of an activity to look back on when you're older too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this post made be laugh a bit. I HATE running too! :D

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...