Weekend Wanderlust: THAT lake.

A rather specific Weekend Wanderlust this week, but let's go with it...

At the beginning of this Summer's Poland/Berlin adventure, I spent five days staying with my lovely friend Marta (and her family) in Barlinek, Poland. Before I went Marta had said to me, 'There's a lake at the bottom of the garden', by which I assumed she was referring to some sort of pond (ever the optimist). I was, therefore, somewhat amazed when I walked to the end of the garden and saw this:

 

Isn't it incredible?! The weather was amazing so we went swimming four times a day. Compared to the good old British sea it wasn't really that cold either. The only slight disadvantage was that I got bitten to death my mosquitoes, and ended up with such bad swelling that strangers started stopping me in the street to ask what had attacked my legs (I really, really wish I was exaggerating). Mosquitoes aside, it was such an incredibly relaxing place to be and the perfect way to start my holiday and forget about work stress.
My floating head...
  



I love this place so much that I've even started using it as my 'calm' place in therapy. 

And, relax...

1 comment

  1. Oh my gosh such a gorgeous place, I would love to live somewhere like this one day xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...