Erm, there's steak in my pint...

What happens when you hold a cider in one hand and a steak pasty in the other?


Another example (as if it were needed...) that I lack the basic co-ordination and grace to function in polite society. Luckily this happened to me at Watchet Festival, which probably doesn't really count as 'polite society'.

The festival, which takes place in the tiny town where I was born and raised (on the playground was where I spent most of my days), has expanded over the last ten years from being one evening of free, post-carnival music, to a proper three day, multi-staged festival. This year's was the best yet, and I loved the combination of local bands, big acts and acoustic/open mic offerings. My favourite acts were The Blockheads, The Real Thing and the endlessly entertaining, 'swingabilly', dancealong-until-you-drop-on-the-floor Ten Pound Suit Band. Disappointingly I didn't get round to trying the Silent Disco this year, but there's always 2013...

(In case you're wondering, I scooped the meat out with a straw and then drunk my pint as if nothing had happened. Seriously, I am one sophisticated lady...)

2 comments

  1. Steak and pint sounds like a proper westcountry night out..especially together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to a Silent Disco! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...