Makes: Paper Cake Bunting

Inspired by this pin, I decided to try and make mini paper bunting to go with my friend Beth's birthday cake (well, her Rocky Road). I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out (sorry for the rubbish photos!):



Here's how I did it...




Easy-peasy! I then stuck some silver stars on mine, but you can do whatever takes your fancy! I think they'd also look good done with patterned wrapping paper, or maps, or magazine pages, or anything really... I used kebab sticks to position it over the cake.

I know this should be obvious, but... Don't mix with candles! Unless you want to dramatically burn your bunting, in which case, mix ahead.

What do you think? Let me know if you try it!

4 comments

  1. Ooh fab idea (good point about the candles!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!

    I don't know if I'd have the patience but the end result looks worth the time :)

    Becky | life.style.flash. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...