Staying inbetween the lines.

The problem with ordering books for Christmas is that I sort of have to treat myself to a few. It's a sickness, I can't help myself. Anyway, I think my best (and most distracting) purchase was a colouring/doodling book. Basically, it's full of half finished doodles that you then colour in and finish off. I'm pretty sure it's not designed with adults in mind but I love it anyway.

Here's my first piece of handiwork (I decided to just stick with the colouring in with this one, got to take these things step-by-step, haha):


I am amazing at activities designed for 6-11 year olds, aren't I? Surely I can't be the only adult who loves colouring in?

2 comments

  1. I spend a lot of time colouring in my own doodles, if that counts? ;)
    Is there a name for that sickness? I think I have it too, only mine is an all-year thing. Plus, I get antsy if I don't have a nice little pile of unread books. I blame amazon and it's second-hand sellers: it's so easy to think "it's not real money" when everything is over the interwebs...
    You're making me a little bit jealous with your colouring books. My mum used to buy them for my sister and I when we went on holiday, to shut us up on long car journeys. I distinctly remember a Magic Roundabout one, and I spent forever colouring in the individual strands of Dougal's hair with pink, purple, blue and yellow pencils. It was epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think that counts :)

    I used to love colouring books too. Do you remember the magic ones, where you painted water over the top of the picture and the colours appeared? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...