I'm a WAMKER!

I've been a bit naughty recently, and accidentally-on-purpose forgotten about my pledge.

But, as of last week, I am officially back on track. I've...wait for it...joined a gym. This may not seem like much, but it's taken me almost a year to build up the motivation to bite the bullet and do it. I always knew that doing more exercise would improve my mood and self-esteem, but it's taken a long time for me to get to the point where I can help myself. Not that things are magically all better (far from it in some respects) but I'm hoping that this is something I can keep up.

Also, I've been feeling a bit fat recently and there's absolutely no way I can sustain a diet (I love food far too much) so that basically left me with two options: put up with feeling a bit chubby, or burn more calories. I've gone for the later.

I've got of to a good start: three gym visits last week, one done today, and two more planned for the week ahead. I just need to keep going so it becomes part of my routine, rather than just a novelty.

And the best bit? I'm having fake Christmas with my old uni friends next weekend, so I get to replace all of those lovely calories that I've been burning off...

2 comments

  1. Ahaha...replacing calories is the best part of exercise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! I really need to make more of an effort with this. Dieting is good but is only part of the solution for me, must get more active.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...