- Don't use credit cards to finance the building of your house.
- Never, ever, EVER say, 'We'll be in by Christmas.' You are tempting fate and fate is not kind.
- If Kevin is 'revisiting' your build, you will have produced at least one child in the meantime. This seems so inevitable it makes me wonder whether or not Channel 4 slip fertility drugs into the water supply of the houses involved.
- Making the structure watertight is, like, REALLY important.
- Set your budget. Then double it.
- Laying underfloor heating takes ages. Without wanting to sound like my Mother, surely it would be more efficient to just put a jumper on?
I was hoping to learn the secret of how Kevin McCloud manages to be irritatingly smug, yet intriguingly likeable, at the same time, but alas I did not. Clearly the man possesses some kind of special power.