Stuff I learnt from watching Grand Designs.


  1. Don't use credit cards to finance the building of your house.

  2. Never, ever, EVER say, 'We'll be in by Christmas.' You are tempting fate and fate is not kind.

  3. If Kevin is 'revisiting' your build, you will have produced at least one child in the meantime. This seems so inevitable it makes me wonder whether or not Channel 4 slip fertility drugs into the water supply of the houses involved.

  4. Making the structure watertight is, like, REALLY important.

  5. Set your budget. Then double it.

  6. Laying underfloor heating takes ages. Without wanting to sound like my Mother, surely it would be more efficient to just put a jumper on?

I was hoping to learn the secret of how Kevin McCloud manages to be irritatingly smug, yet intriguingly likeable, at the same time, but alas I did not. Clearly the man possesses some kind of special power.

1 comment

  1. I think the fact that he's DAMN FINE helps, but there's an air of authority and confidence about him which is very likeable. LOL at your analogy of child birth. Severn water have a lot to answer for! :D ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...