WAMK: Zumba!

This week I managed to properly hit my exercise target my walking lots, being very active at work, going swimming and, most courageously, going to my first ever Zumba class. I've been vaguely meaning to try it out for a while, but I was given the push I needed when a weekly class was set up at my work. The fact that it was cheap, accessible and frequented by people I know robbed me of all my excuses not to go.

I did get quite anxious about going; I was worried that I'd look stupid in my 'PE kit', that I'd be too uncoordinated to follow the moves, and that people not doing the class would look through the doors and laugh at me.

In the event, all of the above happened, but it didn't matter. It genuinely felt GREAT. The kind of GREAT I feel when I'm bouncing around in a club dancing to my favourite music. Endorphin-releasingly brilliant. And I didn't even ache that much the next day, which is always a bonus.

Sorry if the relentlessly positive tone of this post is making you want to vomit, but it makes such a nice change for me that I really wanted to share!

Further reading: here's a link to the list of 'Where Are My Knees?' pledges, if you want to check out what other people are up to.

1 comment

  1. Not vomit-inducing: AWESOME! Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...