Happy Birthday Mr Shakespeare!

Today is Shakespeare's 456th birthday, so I thought I'd celebrate with everyone's favourite Shakespeare starter: insults!

Here are some of my personal favourites:


"You egg, you fry of treachary!"

"Thou art a boil, a plague sore, an embossed carbuncle in my corrupted blood!"

"Foul spoken coward, that thund'rest with thy tongue, and with thy weapon nothing dares perform!"

"His wit's as thick as a Tewkesbury mustard."

"Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat!"


If you'd like to continue the fun (and why wouldn't you, you subtle whore) feel free to pop on over the the Shakespearean Insult Generator. Hours of fun.

3 comments

  1. I quite like the one involving the carbuncle.

    Is it wrong that the only Shakespeare quote I can actually remember is "Out, vile jelly!" from King Lear?? :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell no! Seriously, the insults are the best bits! Well, the plots are pretty good I guess, but who doesn't love a good insult?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding me about the Shakespearean Insult Generator... memories of Talybont! x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think...