I really do, perhaps a little too much. I just ate five chocolate digestives (what can I say? It started off as two). In honour of this pure, biscuity, chocolately, slightly guilt-ridden love I have decided to regale you with a list of my top five biscuits.* Lucky you. I like to put these things together just so I know, y'know? It takes me a long time to decide and I like to be prepared so that when, inevitably, someone asks me what my favourite biscuit is, I have an answer to hand. And not just any old answer, the correct answer. Cos there's nothing worse than having a proper think about it later and realising that you accidentally told a biscuit-based lie.
So here it is:
1. McVites Milk Chocolate Digestive.
2. McVites HobNob. Must be non-choclatey. The chocolate HobNob was, to be honest a bitter disappointment to me because I thought it would be the ultimate biscuit, yet something was missing. I think it had a slightly salty taste, but I can't really remember because I can't bring myself to try another one. To be fair, it's probably a perfectly nice biscuit.
3. Fox's Golden Crunch Creams. Just mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
4. Bourbons (any brand).
5. Marks and Spencers White Chocolate Shortcake Ring. I think you can only get it in a selection pack. Good excuse to eat a selection pack.
* For the purposes of this list, 'biscuit' is defined as a flat, sweet snack that can be purchased in a cylindrical packet and 'snaps' in two when you break it. So no big cookies (the kind you get in the bakery section of the supermarket), no lunchbox bars (Clubs, Penguins) and definitely NO BLOODY JAFFA CAKES.