Get you love drunk off my hump?

I was watching MTV the other day (not something I'm in the habit of doing) when I saw the video for 'My Humps'. Having never listened properly to the lyrics before this was an somewhat bizarre experience. However, if I can analyse Milton I can analyse, well, this:

I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk, Get you love drunk off my hump.
I'm going to assume that Fergie is not literally inviting her man to drink from her ass. That would be a step too far. No. I think here she is trying to say that her ass is so intoxicating that it makes men literally unable to stand, speak properly and drive safely. Lucky her.

They say they love my ass ‘n,Seven Jeans, True Religion's, I say no, but they keep givin' So I keep on takin'
Ah, Fergie, it's all very well getting the nice new clothes, but men nearly always expect something in return...

And no I ain't taken We can keep on datin' I keep on demonstrating.
...which you are clearly quite happy to give. Come on, money isn't everything. What about a man who makes you laugh? Who loves you for more than just your 'lovely lady lumps'?

What you gon' do with all that ass? All that ass inside them jeans? I'm a make, make, make, make you scream Make you scream, make you scream.
Oh god, she's going to sit on him.

I mix your milk wit my cocoa puff,Milky, milky cocoa,Mix your milk with my cocoa puff, milky, milky riiiiiiight.
I can only assume this is a reference to inter-racial sexy time. Hopefully the results won't be as soggy as the aforementioned cocoa puffs.

You can look but you can't touch it, If you touch it I'ma start some drama
Go Fergie, this is practically feminist. It's just a shame that only two verses ago you admitted to giving out sexual favours in return for expensive jeans. Still, it's a start.

My lovely lady lumps (lumps) In the back and in the front (lumps)
WHAT?! I hope to God she's referring to her breasts.

What you gon' do wit all that breast? All that breast inside that shirt? I'ma make, make, make, make you work
As a mammogram operator?

On a more positive note, at least it promotes a healthy body image. Sort of.




Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...